- Business Unit: Accessibility Certification
- Reports to: VP, Strategic Initiatives
- Status: Full-time
- Term: 16 months from June 2020 to September 30, 2021 (Leave Replacement)
- Location: Toronto, ON or Richmond, BC
Founded on the legacy of Rick Hansen’s Man In Motion World Tour, the Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF) is a Canadian registered charity with the vision of creating a fully inclusive and accessible world where people with disabilities are living to their full potential. Through our programs and partnerships, we break down barriers for people with disabilities by changing attitudes, creating accessible spaces and inspiring an inclusive society.
RHF is a dynamic, challenging and rewarding place to work. Our success begins with our people. We are committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. If you are interested in being a part of our innovative team and are passionate about making a difference, we hope that you will consider a career with us.
Preference will be given to applicants who are members of the following group: persons with disabilities. If this applies to you, we invite you to disclose your disability in your cover letter.
The Sr. Program Manager is responsible for leading the Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF) Accessibility Certification program, including the Accessibility Professional Network (APN) and its annual conference, the BC Accessibility Grants program, and the Ontario ratings program.
This position provides strong leadership to facilitate the timely attainment of objectives and ensures all activities are aligned with the goals of the RHF Accessibility Certification program. This includes developing and implementing a financially sustainable organizational model that serves to remove barriers in the built environment.
The Sr. Program Manager reports to the VP, Strategic Initiatives, and manages a team based in BC and Ontario. This position currently has 6 direct reports with responsibilities in technical content and training, ratings, grants, APN network, business development and outreach and engagement.
The Sr. Program Manager also collaborates with the VP, Access & Inclusion to accommodate key content-related requirements. The Sr. Program Manager also liaises extensively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Works closely with the VP, Strategic Initiatives and participates in the strategic planning process including developing strategies for generating resources and revenues;
- Manages business development and outreach strategy, targets and progress;
- Oversees effective implementation of program strategy with both long-term planning and day-to-day management of activities to ensure program goals are met;
- Fosters, nurtures and develops relationships with key external stakeholders. Supports the activities of the RHF Accessibility Certification Advisory Committee, Ontario Government and the Canadian Standards Association;
- Oversees progress of the Ontario ratings project;
- Oversees development and integration of new components and/or formats of the RHF Accessibility Certification guidelines and corresponding educational curriculum with facilitated input from stakeholders, government and the general public;
- Manages overall planning and delivery of the annual APN Conference;
- Oversees RHF Accessibility Certification/APN webinar series and speaking and/or other participation in other external and internal events;
- Analyzes, recommends and implements policies/procedures and other controls to ensure RHF Accessibility Certification program offerings are in full compliance with accepted best practices and 3rd party certifications/accreditations;
- Oversees definition of requirements and implementation of RHF Accessibility Certification marketing and communication strategies, in partnership with the RHF Marketing and Communications department;
- Recruits, trains, coaches and manages staff based in ON and BC;
- Develops evaluation methods to assess and identify RHF Accessibility program strengths, risks, and areas for improvement;
- Sets team targets and KPIs. Leads metrics reporting and oversees database management;
- Manages program budget; and
- Performs other related duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job.
Education: University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related discipline. MBA is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a senior project/business management role in a well-rounded business, public sector, or not-for-profit environment – preferably within social enterprise or program management or a comparable level of stakeholder engagement;
- Experience overseeing and developing a complex program with multiple stakeholders;
- Strategic and project management planning and implementation experience;
- Event planning experience;
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of financial and human resources planning and management;
- Knowledge of issues and information relating to accessibility and disability is an asset;
- Knowledge of certification programs is an asset;
- Proficiency in MS Office; and
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM systems.
- Strategic thinking and high level of competency in formulating and executing plans to meet goals;
- Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work both independently and provide leadership within a team environment;
- Ability to manage teams remotely;
- Proven ability to build motivated, collaborative and productive teams;
- Proven ability to make decisions and provide creative problem solving skills;
- Ability to cultivate and build strong stakeholder relationships;
- Ability to be flexible and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines and targets; and
- Ability to deliver effective presentations.
An equivalent combination of education, experience and skills/behaviours will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in being a part of our innovative team and are passionate about making a difference, we hope that you will consider a career with us.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply quoting competition #2020-08 by May 15, 2020. While we thank all applications for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.