Business Unit: Rick Hansen Foundation Accessibility Certification (RHFAC)
Reports to: Director, Accessibility Certification
Start Date: September, 2019 – September, 2021
Term: Full-time, Term
Location: Remote, Ontario
Founded on the legacy of Rick Hansen’s Man In Motion World Tour, the Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF) is a Canadian registered charity with the vision of creating a fully inclusive and accessible world where people with disabilities are living to their full potential. Through our programs and partnerships, we break down barriers for people with disabilities by changing attitudes, creating accessible spaces and inspiring an inclusive society.
RHF is a dynamic, challenging and rewarding place to work. Our success begins with our people. We are committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. If you are interested in being a part of our innovative team and are passionate about making a difference, we hope that you will consider a career with us.
Preference will be given to applicants who are members of the following group: persons with disabilities. If this applies to you, we invite you to disclose your disability in your cover letter.
The Manager, RHFAC Ontario works closely with the Director, Accessibility Certification; VP, Strategic Initiatives; VP, Access & Inclusion and the Rick Hansen Foundation Accessibility Certification (RHFAC) team members in developing and delivering the RHFAC Ontario program.
The Manager, RHFAC Ontario, reports directly to the Director, Accessibility Certification and manages the Administrative Assistant, RHFAC Ontario. This position also works closely with the VP, Strategic Initiatives and other members of the RHFAC team.
This position is also responsible for managing the Administrative Assistant, RHFAC Ontario, and additional direct reports, as required.
- Creates, monitors and implements appropriate implementation plans to achieve the target of 250 RHFAC ratings by October 2021 in Ontario;
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with program stakeholders, including but not limited to, Municipal Accessibility Advisory Committees, Government of Ontario, RHFAC Professionals, and rating sites;
- Conducts business development to source organizations / businesses to conduct RHFAC ratings in accordance with the requirements of the Ontario Government funding;
- Contributes to the business development of RHFAC ratings nationally per the targets set annually by RHF;
- Represents RHF at external networking events, presentations, announcements etc. to promote the RHFAC program, including conducting speaking engagements;
- Recruits, contracts and ensures performance of the external RHFAC Professionals, as necessary, to conduct RHFAC ratings; Sets targets, monitors progress of work with contractors and ensures the schedule for ratings is on track; and Monitors CSA Registry to ensure submissions are on schedule;
- Acts as a point of reference for the RHFAC program, supports clients to register their organizations and projects in the CSA Registry and provides feedback and support to clients;
- Ensures Salesforce is updated with program progress (tracks contacts, reviews relative dashboards);
- Monitors status of expenditures, reviews expense claims, and maintains necessary records;
- Writes and maintains reports, including final reports related to activities and milestones of program;
- Works closely with the RHFAC team to improve and develop the rating survey and supplementary materials, as led by the RHFAC Technical Lead; and
- Performs other related duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job.
Education: Post-secondary certificate/diploma/degree in a relevant program. University certification or degree related to accessibility, universal design and/or project planning preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience including 3 years or more of management experience;
- Experience with disability or accessibility issues required;
- Familiarity with planning, construction and design processes in the built environment;
- Computer experience required with MS Office including Excel and Outlook;
- Experience with SalesForce an asset; and
- Not-for-profit experience is an asset;
- Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to deliver effective presentations;
- Ability to set priorities and achieve results within acceptable timeframes, taking into consideration changing priorities; and
- Ability to work independently and as a team player in a fast-paced work environment.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and skills/behaviours will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in being a part of our innovative team and are passionate about making a difference, we hope that you will consider a career with us.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply quoting competition #2019-19 by Sept 8, 2019. While we thank all applications for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.