Business Unit: Rick Hansen Foundation Accessibility Certification (RHFAC)
Reports to: Manager, Training and Membership, Accessibility Certification
Status: Full-time, Ongoing
Start date: February, 2022
Location: RHF Offices (Richmond, BC or Toronto, ON), Hybrid or Remote
Founded on the legacy of Rick Hansen’s Man In Motion World Tour, the Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF) is a Canadian registered charity with the vision of creating a fully inclusive and accessible world where people with disabilities are living to their full potential. Through our programs and partnerships, we break down barriers for people with disabilities by changing attitudes, creating accessible spaces and inspiring an inclusive society.
RHF is a dynamic and rewarding place to work. Our success begins with our people. We are committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. If you’re interested in being a part of our innovative team, we hope that you will consider this opportunity with us!
RHF values diversity in the community and the workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous peoples, individuals of all genders and sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, disability, age, and religion and anyone living at the intersection of these identities.
The Membership and Events Coordinator, Accessibility Certification is responsible for the Accessibility Professional Network (APN). Duties include supporting APN membership, maintaining membership records, developing member recruitment and retainment strategies, and managing the APN web platform. The Membership and Events Coordinator also coordinates events, such as the APN monthly webinars and speaking engagements, and assists with the APN conference.
The Membership and Events Coordinator, Accessibility Certification reports to the Manager, Training and Membership, Accessibility Certification and works closely with the RHFAC team, RHF Marketing & Communications team, other RHF staff, external parties and consultants.
ALL STAFF: KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
As an integral member of the RHF team and as expected of all staff, this position actively participates with:
- Organizational Culture
- Contributes in regular sessions, develops goals, supports and implements action plans.
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility
- Provides membership support to RHFAC Professionals and APN members by handling all questions, information requests, and complaints regarding RHFAC Professional designation and APN membership in a timely and accurate manner;
- Maintains and updates APN membership records for dashboards, mailing lists, and other activities;
- Assists with member communication (I.e. membership status, renewals or other relevant RHFAC program updates;
- Contributes to the development and implementation of strategies to recruit new APN members and retain current members;
- Collaborates with RHF’s Marketing and Communications team to develop and update marketing and onboarding materials;
- Monitors and records member experience, engagement, and issues, and recommends improvements to member support initiatives for enhanced member satisfaction;
- Manages the APN platform, including job board, discussion forums, resource library and technical issues;
- Coordinates monthly APN webinars and speaking engagements. Includes managing webinar logistics, webinar accessibility requirements, providing speakers support, communications, collecting post-event feedback, and resources;
- Coordinates with RHF’s Finance team to track APN membership revenue;
- Supports with planning of APN Conference and delegate registration;
- Conducts member outreach and engagement through phone calls, emails or other channels;
- Supports the RHFAC team, as required; and
- Performs other related duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job.
- University degree, Diploma or Certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution in business, communications or marketing.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in a related field;
- Strong experience with providing timely and quality internal and external customer service;
- Experience with accessible customer service, including communication with customers who require various forms of accommodations;
- Previous member management, sales, or recruitment experience preferred;
- Fluency in French, oral and written, preferred;
- Experience with event and conference planning an asset.
- Computer experience required. High proficiency using Microsoft 365, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other MS Apps;
- Experience with Salesforce, Fonteva or other customer relationship management and membership software preferred; and
- Knowledge or experience working with individuals with disabilities an asset.
- Effective oral communication with the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with others;
- Effective written communication, including proficiency with grammar, spelling and punctuation, and the ability to compose clear, concise business correspondence;
- High degree of professionalism, flexibility and adaptability;
- Effective interpersonal, relationship management, organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Exceptional organizational skills, with strong attention to detail;
- Ability to multitask and deal with pressure of competing priorities;
- Ability to understand business plans and prioritize important issues;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; and
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
An equivalent combination of education, experience and skills/behaviours will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in being a part of our innovative team and are passionate about making a difference, we hope that you will consider a career with us.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply quoting competition #2022-02 by January 31, 2022. While we thank all applications for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
*Please note: The Rick Hansen Foundation is committed to providing accommodations to candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please let us know if you require a specific accommodation (i.e. virtual/web based interview, flexible scheduling, accessibility needs), so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place.