Business Unit: Rick Hansen Foundation Accessibility Certification (RHFAC)
Reports to: Director, Accessibility Certification
Status: Full-time, Ongoing
Start date: February, 2022
Location: RHF Offices (Richmond, BC or Toronto, ON), Hybrid or Remote
Founded on the legacy of Rick Hansen’s Man In Motion World Tour, the Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF) is a Canadian registered charity with the vision of creating a fully inclusive and accessible world where people with disabilities are living to their full potential. Through our programs and partnerships, we break down barriers for people with disabilities by changing attitudes, creating accessible spaces and inspiring an inclusive society.
RHF is a dynamic and rewarding place to work. Our success begins with our people. We are committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. If you’re interested in being a part of our innovative team, we hope that you will consider this opportunity with us!
RHF values diversity in the community and the workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous peoples, individuals of all genders and sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, disability, age, and religion and anyone living at the intersection of these identities.
The Manager, Training and Membership, Accessibility Certification is responsible for the management of RHFAC Training courses, academic institutions, course instructors, and the Accessibility Professional Network (APN).
The Manager, Training and Membership will lead the national expansion of the RHFAC Training course and oversee all aspects of training and membership for RHFAC Professionals and APN members.
The Manager, Training and Membership, Accessibility Certification reports to the Director, Accessibility Certification and manages the Membership and Events Coordinator and other interns, contract or term staff, as required.
This position works closely with the RHFAC team, RHF Marketing & Communications team, other RHF staff, external parties and consultants. The Manager, Training and Membership regularly liaises with external parties including, but not limited to, academic institutions that provide RHFAC training, course instructors, and the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) that facilitate the RHFAC Professional exam.
ALL STAFF: KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
As an integral member of the RHF team and as expected of all staff, this position actively participates with:
- Contributes in regular sessions, develops goals, supports and implements action plans.
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility
- Develops and manages relationships with RHFAC stakeholders. Serves as the main point of contact and provides support for various components/projects, including but not limited to:
- existing and new academic institutions, including new institution for French delivery of training courses;
- RHFAC Training course instructors;
- professional bodies and associations that recognize RHFAC Training as Continuing Education Unit (CEU);
- Canadian Standard Association (CSA) Group; and
- RHFAC Professional exam delivery partners.
- Manages and administers the delivery of all training courses (i.e., course scheduling, tracking student registration and feedback, distribution of course materials and marketing);
- Recruits and manages curriculum development consultant for the review and update of RHFAC Training course;
- Assists in the recruitment, training and upskilling of course instructors for both the English and French RHFAC Training courses;
- Coordinates the development and implementation of all training courses to be delivered in French;
- Manages the integration and communication of RHFAC program updates, including technical components;
- Oversees the planning, creation and management of APN content (e.g., monthly webinar, learning resources) for ongoing learning and development of current and new RHFAC Professionals, and APN members;
- Establishes evaluation processes to identify areas of improvement / enhancement based on input and feedback from stakeholders, and provide recommendations for training courses and APN;
- Analyzes and reports on training course and membership metrics to measure outcomes and ensure targets are met;
- Collaborates with RHF’s Marketing and Communications team to develop promotional campaigns and strategies, and update marketing materials;
- Coordinates with RHF’s Finance team to manage scholarships, tuition grants and others;
- Contributes in the preparation of the annual budget, forecasts and expenditure schedules; and
- Performs other related duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job.
- University degree in Business and Management or related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Designation as a Certified Project Management Professional, or equivalent designation/ experience is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in a related field;
- Minimum 2 years of project planning and/or program management experience;
- Experience recruiting and managing staff and volunteers;
- Experience in training/learning and development;
- Fluency in French, oral and written.
- Computer experience required. High proficiency using Microsoft 365 including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other MS Apps;
- Reporting and budget experience an asset;
- Intentional about diversity, equity and inclusion; and
- Knowledge of adult learning theory, instructional evaluation methodology, instructional design, and change management an asset.
- Effective oral communication with the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with others;
- Effective written communication, including proficiency with grammar, spelling and punctuation, and the ability to compose clear, concise business correspondence;
- High degree of professionalism, flexibility and adaptability;
- Effective interpersonal, relationship management, organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Exceptional organizational skills, with strong attention to detail;
- Ability to leverage data to improve training content or learner experience;
- Ability to multitask and deal with pressure of competing priorities;
- Ability to understand business plans and prioritize important issues;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; and
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
An equivalent combination of education, experience and skills/behaviours will be considered.
RHFAC is a rating and recognition program that provides an overview of the overall level of meaningful accessibility of a site, and promotes increased access through the adoption of Universal Design principles. RHFAC is the first program of its kind to:
- Measure the level of meaningful access, based on the holistic user experience of people with varying disabilities affecting their mobility, vision, and hearing;
- Qualify RHFAC Professionals to conduct ratings through a RHFAC Professional designation; and
- Recognize an organization’s commitment to accessibility through formal certification of their buildings as ‘RHF Accessibility Certified’ or ‘RHF Accessibility Certified Gold.’
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in being a part of our innovative team and are passionate about making a difference, we hope that you will consider a career with us.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply quoting competition #2022-01 by January 31, 2022. While we thank all applications for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
*Please note: The Rick Hansen Foundation is committed to providing accommodations to candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please let us know if you require a specific accommodation (i.e. virtual/web based interview, flexible scheduling, accessibility needs), so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place.